Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) $10,000 Sign On Bonus
Love home health and hate documenting? Searching for a better work / life balance? Tired of charting after hours? Do you want to spend more time with your patients and family? We have a new and exciting program that allows you to utilize your clinical skills and provide care to your patients without extraneous documentation. Want to learn more? Apply today.
AW Health Care is a St. Louis based, independently operated, women-owned enterprise. We recently celebrated our 20th anniversary in the home health industry. AW is a rapidly growing home health agency, with an innovative approach to patient centered care. Our team consists of over 400 employees serving over 1500 patients in Missouri and Illinois.
AW Health Care is currently seeking a Full Time Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) to provide care for patients in North St Louis County.
AW Health Care Benefits: AW Health Care offers its' employees a wide range of benefits including:
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
- $10,000 Sign On Bonus
And a wide range of supplemental benefit options including, but not limited too:
- Additional Life Insurance
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
A qualified Licensed Practical Nurse ( LPN ) administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Services are furnished in accordance with Agency policies.
- Understands and adheres to established policies and procedures.
- Implements the nursing care plan for each patient.
- Provides nursing services, treatments and diagnostic and preventive procedures as assigned.
- Initiates preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate.
- Observes signs and symptoms and reports to the physician and RN reactions to treatments, including drugs and changes in the patient's physical or emotional condition.
- Teaches and counsels the patient and family/significant others regarding the nursing care needs and other related problems of the patient at home.
- Evaluates with registered nurse the effectiveness of the LPN 's nursing service to the patient and family under the guidance of the registered nurse.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of observations, treatments and care of patient.
- Participates in medical record audit as assigned.
- Attends staff meetings, patient care conferences and inservices as scheduled.
- Takes on-call duty, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned.
- The LPN Is responsible for:
- Submitting any changes in schedule to Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Participating in patient care conferences to discuss the need for involvement of other members of the health team, such as physical therapist or speech language pathologist.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Assists the physician and RN in performing specialized procedures.
- Prepares equipment and materials for treatments.
- Observes aseptic technique as required.
- Assists the patient in learning appropriate self-care techniques.
This LPN job opening last updated on 02/05/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on LPNJobSite.com.
- Graduate of a state approved school of practical (vocational) nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in nursing, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Welcome to AW Health CareTo us, it’s personal. We understand that making healthcare decisions can be stressful. Whether you need care for an aging parent, a disabled family member or for yourself, AW Health Care can tailor a program to meet your specific needs and provide valuable peace-of-mind.AW Health Care is a local, women-owned enterprise, ranked in the top 10% of all home health agencies in the St. Louis region. Utilizing a comprehensive care model, AW delivers the highest standard of QUALITY healthcare at LOWER costs.To join our award-winning team, click here for all our open positions.We offer a comprehensive array of services that include in-home medical and non-medical based personal care, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, adult day care,...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company