Director of Med-Surg Oncology
POSITION TYPE: Registered Nurse (RN)
SPECIALTY UNIT: Med/Surg Director
LOCATION: Plantation, FL
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Permanent
Primary responsibilities include providing administrative oversight and direction for the Medical/ Surgical Department. This Nurse Director (RN) will provide accountability for planning, directing, leading and evaluating nursing care within this department. The Director is responsible for the supervision, coordination and evaluation of nursing care provided on the assigned unit(s). The Director also coordinates and supervises the activities for the unit, which supports the safe and efficient delivery of care. The Director is responsible for the implementation of Performance Improvement activities, hospital policies/procedures and in the financial management of the Unit.
- Participates in hospital or departmental performance improvement activities.
- Interviewing and hiring nursing staff.
- Scheduling nursing staff.
- Clinical resource for the Nursing Unit.
- Serves as an advocate for nursing staff.
- Evaluating staff performance.
- Discipline, counseling and staff development.
- Participates in financial management of the assigned unit.
- Participates in financial planning/budgeting for the assigned unit.
- Plans and conducts staff meetings.
- Plans and coordinates unit related in-services.
- Oversees clinical activities on assigned unit, assuring age specific standards are maintained by staff.
- Maintains 24-hour accountability for the direction, supervision, coordination and evaluation of activities and services of the assigned unit.
- Seeks opportunities to improve department or interdepartmental processes.
- Competitive salary
- Direct Deposit
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision benefits
- Employee discount program
- Excellent room for growth and advancement
This LPN job opening last updated on 01/24/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on LPNJobSite.com.
- Current RN license within the State of practice.
- Current Healthcare Provider BLS issued by the American Heart Association required
- BSN REQUIRED
- MSN - Preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience as a staff nurse in the clinical area - REQUIRED
- 2-3 years Management Experience in Med Surg - PREFERRED
As part of our recruiting process, we may contact you regarding positions we feel are a good fit or engage with you via SMS text message. By clicking to submit your application, i4 Search Group has your consent to communicate via SMS text message moving forward.
ABOUT i4 SEARCH GROUP i4 Search Group is a national leader in permanent placement recruiting solutions, providing Facilities with Highly Skilled Healthcare Professionals At i4 we believe that healthcare is a basic human right, and we serve an important support role in facilitating that right. It’s a responsibility we take very seriously. We have dedicated Market Partners, responsible for defined geographic territories — and dedicated to specific subsets of job titles like Nursing, Advanced Practice Professionals, Allied Health Professionals, and Administrative & Leadership roles. Our role is to improve the careers of healthcare heroes, and support the companies who employ them with full time, permanent placement solutions.Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company