Acute Psychiatric Unit Registered Nurse - R2900 (23580530)
Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay, Oregon is seeking an Acute Psychiatric Unit RN!
An Acute Psychiatric Unit RN is also expected to practice within the scope of RN duties defined by the Oregon State Board of Nursing.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses patients, as appropriate to the scope of care the nurse will provide. Assessments may include: physical, psychosocial, learning needs and barriers, needs related to age/culture, discharge planning.
- Establishes nursing diagnoses based on results of assessments and in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team.
- Plans care according to identified diagnoses and needs. Updates plan of care as appropriate.
- Implements/performs individualized care, based on nursing care plan and the nurse’s role with the patient. This care may include but not be limited to:
- Assisting with activities of daily living, including fall risk management and safe patient handling.
- Medication administration
- Skin assessment/wound care
- Pain management
- Operation/manipulation of biomedical and other patient care and testing equipment, including but not limited to infusion pumps, patient transfer equipment, cardiopulmonary monitors, invasive catheters and drains, thermoregulation devices, measurement devices, medication dispensing cabinets, external therapeutic devices.
- Assisting the physician and other licensed, independent practitioners with invasive and non-invasive procedures.
- Teaching patients and their families about current illness, medical tests, medication, general healthcare, illness and disease prevention, and wellness promotion.
- Providing appropriate assignment, supervision, and direction to unlicensed assistive personnel in order to ensure optimum patient care.
- Providing interdisciplinary coordination and facilitation of overall care.
- Documents patient assessments, interventions, care, and teaching in the electronic medical record. Documents in paper format, as necessary. Documentation is complete, concise, timely, and legible.
- Evaluates care provided, communicates patient status and results of care to the interdisciplinary team.
- Other duties as assigned
- SAFE class or organization approved workplace violence training or obtain within 6 months of hire which must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 6 month grace period
- National certification in behavioral health nursing preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) or must be obtained by the last day of the month after the 60-day grace period