LPN/LVN - Correctional Medicine # BD-83-02 - BD-83-02 (23501401)
Adelphi Medical Staffing is seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse to work at a jail in New York. The ideal LPN will be required to assess patient health problems and needs, develop and implement nursing care plans, and maintain medical records within the jail.
• Ref #: BD-83-02
• Profession: Licensed Practical Nurse
• Specialty: Correctional Nursing
• Location: Lewis, New York
• Service Setting: County Correctional Facility
• Job Type: Contract
• Start Date: ASAP
• Contract Length: 1 year, with optional 2-year extensions
• Shift/Schedule: 1 PM – 9 PM – Monday through Friday; 7 PM – 9 PM – Saturday and Sunday
• Rate: $30/hr
• Benefits: 401K and Medical Benefits
• NY License
• Registered with the NY Board of Nursing
• Completing necessary medical documents in a legible format.
• Compiling a complete medical history, gathering information from written and oral sources, and updating records to the individuals' electronic records.
• Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
• Will advise patients on health maintenance and condition management.
• RN will advise on disease prevention or provide case management.
• Monitor mental health illness and medication with appropriate referral, medical referrals, and follow-ups.
• Manage the TB program.