Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - BD-29-04 (23425419)
The State of Kansas is seeking licensed practical nurses for a 3-year contract opportunity with different healthcare facilities statewide. The incumbents will provide direct care for patients, which may vary in scope and length. Nurses with experience in psychiatric, geriatric, deaf, or disabled patients are preferred. Nurses must also provide proof of Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation education and training regarding the prevention of A, N, & E.
Job Quick Facts:
• Ref #: BD-29-04
• Specialty: LPN
• Job Type: Contract
• Service Setting: Inpatient/Outpatient
• Coverage Period: 13-17 week assignments
• Coverage Type: Scheduled Clinical Hours
• Shift Schedule: TBD on a need basis (Min 8 hours per shift)
• EMR: Varies by facility
• Malpractice insurance covered
• Rate: $22/hr
• KS license
• ACLS/CPR Certification and PALS
• 1 year of experience in practical nursing
• Plan and manage patient care according to each patient’s needs.
• Interview patients and record their medical history and physical condition.
• Obtain patient vital signs, including pulse, blood pressure, temperature, and respiration.
• Perform standard diagnostic procedures such as EKG.
• Administer injections, prescribe medications, and perform enemas.
• Accept and fulfill obligations of scheduled assignment which has been requested and confirmed.
• Perform all other duties as needed by the facility.