Registered Nurse - 027441 (23109821)
RNs, isn’t it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenge you to use the skills you’ve worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are the leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits and a diversified range of employment. We are seeking a Registered Nurse to initiate and provide comprehensive nursing care in a correctional setting while observing and maintaining the requirements of operational security. This role does have supervisory responsibilities and requires an RN experienced in crisis intervention, handling medical emergencies and providing medical nursing care.
With us, there’s no telling how far you’ll go. Now’s the time to start your journey!
As a Registered Nurse you will perform a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each patient entering the correctional system. You will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of physician’s orders as well as supervising the work flow of the LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) staff.
- Assisting physician with sick call by screening patients and assisting with minor surgical procedures
- Ensuring that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary
- Making observation rounds on patients and recording in progress notes
- Evaluating symptoms, reactions and progress of patients on periodic basis, charting; and reporting problems to management
- Maintaining security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among detainees/inmates
- Destroying and properly disposing of all needles/syringes
- Maintaining compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation
- Documenting all detainee/inmate contacts
- Maintaining confidentiality of medical records
- Coordinating Chronic Disease Clinic scheduling
This is a great opportunity for a skilled RN! Take a look at the requirements below to see if this nursing role will be a good fit for you. If it is, apply today!
Registered Nurse requirements:
• Associate’s or Bachelor's degree from a NLN (National League of Nurses) approved program; graduate of an accredited school of nursing
• Current, unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse in the state the facility is located
• Maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times
• 2 years of direct work experience as a Registered Nurse, preferred
• Ability to provide the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care and psychiatric nursing care
• Ability to perform nursing diagnosis and appropriate follow through treatment without direct supervision
Equal Opportunity Employer