MUSC Health is hiring LPNs in Charleston, SC with a $2,000 Sign On Bonus! - 529925 (22873618)
As the clinical health system of the Medical University of South Carolina, MUSC Health is dedicated to delivering the highest quality patient care available. In 2020, for the sixth consecutive year, U. S. News & World Report named MUSC Health the No.1 hospital in South Carolina.
At MUSC, our LPNs are passionate care team members that set the standard for patient-centered health care. Whether you are a new graduate or an experienced nurse, MUSC has a vast range of opportunities to include primary and specialty care units and ambulatory sites. With a focus on educational development, competitive pay, excellent benefits, and the opportunity to gain valuable patient care experience and interact with medical professionals and other care team members from diverse cultures and background, here are just a few of the reasons why you should join the team that is CHANGING WHAT'S POSSIBLE.
- $2,000 sign-on bonus for new external applicants
- Career ladder opportunities for professional development and additional compensation
- Tuition Assistance Program with waiting period waived
- Flexible hours and ambulatory pool positions with additional pay incentives
- Excellent benefits package
*Join our Talent Network to connect with a recruiter or hiring manager. When we find a position that’s a good fit for you, we’ll invite you to complete a formal application for employment.*
- Triages patients and prepares for physician exams and procedures. Assists with exam, procedures and treatments as necessary. Instructs patients in collection of samples and tests. Administers prescribed treatments and tests as ordered by the physician.
- Observes, records and reports patient’s physical and psychosocial condition, reactions to medication and treatments to physician. Responds to and triages phone calls. Call in orders appropriately as ordered by physician. Instructs patient as ordered by the physician regarding treatment and/or medication. Responsible for monitoring and distribution of medication including samples and controlled substances.
- Maintains timely flow of patient, assists with scheduling of appointments and referrals based on urgency and availability. Screens patients for appropriate information and provides patient education as appropriate for diagnosis and treatment.
- Maintains and reviews patient records, charts and any other pertinent information, communicating as appropriate. Post test and exam results. Communicates plan of care to the patient including formal development of patient education materials as necessary.
- Maintains exam room supplies, instruments and cleanliness or patient care environment, as required by OSHA, DHEC and UMA.
- Ensures accurate calibrations, cleaning and scheduled maintenance of clinical/lab equipment as required by OSHA, DHEC and UMA; tracked by documentation.
- Performs general clerical and administrative duties. Attend required in-services. Other duties as assigned.
Graduation from a recognized Licensed Practical Nursing program and licensed as an LPN within the State of South Carolina or with a compact state license. Current South Carolina LPN License or compact state license. Current BLS required.