Nurse Manager - Neuro Critical Care and Float Pool - Days - 272938 (22624041)
Permanent, Direct-Hire Position
Nationwide Relocation Assistance Available
C2C and/or Sponsorship Not Available
The manager is accountable for the overall management and leadership of a unit or a group of patient care units within Nursing Services. The manager is responsible for all clinical and operational activities of the units in accordance with
Swedish Medical Center's mission, vision, and values.
- Be accountable for ensuring the provision of patient care 24 hours a day. Accountable for assigned clinical operations, patient care activities, coordinating patient care delivery on a daily basis in collaboration with other members of the health care team. Ensure that patient care is delivered in accordance with professional, regulatory, and medical center standards.
- Establish and enforce standards of patient care and nursing practice pertaining to areas of responsibility. Is accountable for developing, implementing, and monitoring unit-based quality improvement programs. Responsible for developing and implementing unit-based goals for the delivery of quality patient care.
- Assure compliance with department standards by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the delivery of patient care by reinforcing positive outcomes and demonstrating corrective action for identified problems.
- Be accountable for appropriate patient care based on assignments of appropriate patient assignments, evaluation of patient care and patient/family satisfaction by conducting rounds and intervening accordingly.
- Assume the role of patient advocate to clarify and evaluate ethical and/or legal issues, and supports cultural practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing
- Current License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN)
- Three (3) years recent experience in related clinical area of nursing
- Must meet experience criteria of Registered Nurse
- Master’s degree in Nursing or related field
- One (1) year first line management experience
About the Cherry Hill Campus:
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.