Health Services Administrator - RB (22397033)
This position is located at Riverbend Correctional Facility, Milledgeville GA
We are seeking an experienced Healthcare Administrator to join a dynamic Facility Management team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a world leading organization that provides diversified services to government agencies around the globe. We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits and a network of career opportunities.
Healthcare Administrator – Health Services Administrator – Health Administration –Management
As a Healthcare Administrator you will manage and evaluate all facility health service activities based on company, contractual, and healthcare policies and procedures, goals and objectives. You will implement all contractually required services, manage a department budget and seek to improve the operational efficiencies of the facility’s health service program. Working in unison with regional and corporate management, you will be a liaison between facility staff, contracting agencies and compliance agencies on healthcare-related matters.
Other responsibilities of the Administration role include:
Managing the overall operations of the facility’s healthcare operations
- Ensuring the needs of the facility are consistently being met
- Ensuring compliance with the policies and procedures of the company
- Utilizing established policies and procedures in making decisions
- Directing the work of other employees and contract providers
- Hiring employees and evaluating work performance
- Conducting employee training, promotions and disciplinary action including termination
- Ensuring adequate staffing to meet the needs of the detainees/inmates
- Assuming any role needed and accepting 24/7 on-call status
- Ensuring appropriate licensure and insurance coverage of all personnel
- Monitoring and taking appropriate action as needed on operational issues
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws and physical safety requirements
- Ensuring proper accreditation of the medical program is attained
- Completing and submitting regular operational reports
- Recommending improvements for operational efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Obtaining outside bids for ancillary services
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in Health Administration or a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Nursing with current and unrestricted license to practice as Registered Nurse or a Licensed Practical Nurse if the relevant facility has a full time Nursing Supervisor position.
- Five (5) years of related work experience in a correctional or detention setting with three (3) of these years in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- Ability to follow company policies and procedures.
- Above average verbal and writing skills. Must be able to disseminate verbal instructions or training clearly and in a manner that is understood by the intended audience. Must be able to write memorandums and reports in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives, policies, correctional laws, applicable court orders, procedures and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Outpatient or emergency services experience preferred
- Experience in healthcare planning, budgeting and meeting contractual obligations preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer