LPN (Pediatrics) - $2,500 Sign-On Bonus! - 2020-23530 (22090077)
**$2,500 sign-on bonus to all qualified candidates for this opportunity**
The nation's largest provider of neonatal and maternal-fetal physician sub specialty services, has an exciting opportunity available for a full-time Licensed Practical Nurse at our Tacoma location. The LPN provides direct patient care and works with other members of the healthcare team to provide comprehensive care to infants, toddlers, adolescents, and young adults with congenital or acquired heart disease. In addition to working closely with the Pediatric Cardiologists and families, duties and responsibilities included performing the following:
- Experience in phone triage for signs and symptoms
- Must be able to work with care plans with school nurses.
- Ability to holter monitor/event monitor hookups and downloads.
- Assist with pacemaker checks.
- Assist in the cardiopulmonary exercise lab.
- Experience with sports clearance documentation.
- Prescription refills.
- Ability to take height and weight appropriately.
- Monitor heart and respiratory rate.
- Experience with 12 Lead ECG.
- Experience with 02 saturation.
- Must have an active LPN license with the state of Washington.
- Minimum of 1 year in a Pediatrics Nursing environment.
- Current CPR license.
- Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
- Compassion for the patients and their families.
- Quick decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well as part of a healthcare team.