SCHEDULE: 12HRS (7-7)
INCENTIVES: $3,000.00 Sign On Bonus | Shift Differential Available
PAY RANGE: $30.00 - $34.78 HOURLY*
*PAY OFFERED IS BASED ON LICENSURE WITH EXPERIENCE*
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) looking for a challenging yet rewarding environment, where you can really make a difference? Are you passionate about people and believe that everyone deserves the highest quality of healthcare? If so, then we have the role for you! As the industry's global leader in evidence-based rehabilitation, we are looking for people like you to add to our growing team of professionals!
Join A Community That Cares
Joining GEO means contributing to our mission to provide the best rehabilitation and community reintegration programs and services to those in our care. GEO is a place for professional growth, exploration, creativity, and valuable interpersonal relationships. Interested in achieving extraordinary things? Send in your application. Every one of our employees makes us who we are.
Role and Responsibilities
Working alongside our Registered Nurse (RN), you’ll play a vital part in providing the highest level of care to inmates/detainees while putting a special focus on maintaining our safe and secure workplace.
Works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN) in participating in the implementation and evaluation of the inmates health care needs. Provides comprehensive nursing care while observing and maintaining the requirements of security.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Under an RN’s direction, develops nursing care plans on inmates.
- Performs a complete physical assessment and medical history as required on each inmate entering the correctional system. Medical problems are referred to the physician for extended evaluation.
- Assists physician with sick call by screening patients and performing minor surgical procedures. Treats inmates with problems within professional capabilities and refers other medical problems to the appropriate physician.
- Ensures the implementation of physician's orders. Ensures that prescribed medications are administered as ordered using the formulary. Applies knowledge of drugs and therapeutics in dispensing medication.
- Makes observation rounds on patients, and records in progress notes. Evaluates symptoms, reactions, and progress of patients on periodic basis, charts, and reports problems to management.
- Maintains security while dispensing medications and is continually cognizant of the potential hazard of drug hoarding and trafficking among inmates. Maintains non-involvement in the security aspects of care.
- Destroys and properly disposes of all needles/syringes.
- Prepares regularly scheduled reports and special reports as necessary.
- Documents all detainee/inmate contacts. Maintains confidentiality of medical records.
- Maintains compliance with industry and company policies for accreditation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We're looking for individuals from different backgrounds
Building an inclusive culture where every employee can perform to their maximum potential is the center of GEO’s employee value proposition. Our success is based on diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of eclectic perspectives, ideas, and backgrounds. Everyone is encouraged to apply. Here’s to unlimited ideas, increased productivity, and innovative solutions!
This LPN job opening last updated on 02/02/2024. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on LPNJobSite.com.
Excellent diagnostic skills, patience, and natural empathy are all key qualities we look for. Our employees feel proud to play a role in our patients’ re-entry to society. Apply if you have the below requirements:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required. Must have a current, unrestricted license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the state the facility is located. Maintains a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times.
- Two (2) years of direct work experience preferred.
- Must possess competence in the performance of the following services: crisis intervention, medical emergencies, physical assessment, medical nursing care, and psychiatric nursing care.
- Must have the ability to work without direct, immediate supervision in performing nursing diagnosis, and be able provide appropriate follow through treatment.
- Frequently: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 40 lbs.; walk, stand, sit, bend, stoop and reach above shoulder level.
- Occasionally: Lift or carry and push/pull up to 60 lbs.; work with machinery and climb.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Global Leader in Evidence-Based Rehabilitation The GEO Group is committed to providing leading, evidence-based rehabilitation programs to individuals while in-custody and post-release into the community through the "GEO Continuum of Care®." GEO's diversified services platform provides unique capabilities for the delivery of educational and vocational programs, cognitive behavioral and substance abuse treatment, and faith-based services across the entire corrections spectrum. The GEO Continuum of Care is enhanced in-custody offender rehabilitation programming, including cognitive behavioral treatment, integrated with post–release support services. Who We Are GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversifi...Click here to view the full company profile and all jobs posted by this company