Nurse Manager Leader - NICU - 21845169
Recognized as one of America's leading health care providers and not-for-profit health plans. Founded in 1945, their mission is to provide high-quality, affordable health care services and to improve the health of their members and the communities they serve. Currently serving 11.8 million members in eight states and the District of Columbia. Care for members and patients is focused on their total health and guided by their personal physicians, specialists and team of caregivers. Their expert and caring medical teams are empowered and supported by industry-leading technology advances and tools for health promotion, disease prevention, state-of-the art care delivery and world-class chronic disease management.
Manages 24-hour departments providing patient care services. Ensures staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains clinical standards of care and practice; responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and development.
- Manages the operations of 24-hour departments that may be at multiple locations. Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice Act, The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains patient care and service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the appropriate use of human and material resources. Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff. Ensures on going staff development. Manages and resolves human resource, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Oversees and develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Our Client conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Our Client reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
As an employee, you are eligible for benefits according to your full-time/part-time status and the number of hours scheduled to work per week. Benefits may vary based on your region, position, scheduled hours, and representation by collective bargaining or employee groups, but generally include:
- generous vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- medical care (including prescriptions), vision, mental health, & dental care
- disability and life insurance coverage
- educational opportunities and tuition reimbursement
- employee assistance programs
- health care, dependent care, and transit spending account option
- retirement plans
Manager with Direct Reports
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience in both patient care and management/leadership roles required.
- Minimum four (4) years of previous supervisory experience required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current California RN license by date of hire.
- BLS certificate required.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- BSN OR BA in health care related field strongly preferred.
- Master's degree preferred.