Adelphi is seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) for a facility in Austin, Texas. The LVN will provide care, treatment, and general welfare to students that are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and who may have additional disabilities on
an as-needed basis. Knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL) would be a plus but not required.
Job Quick Facts:
• Ref #: BD-332-02
• Profession: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN)
• Location: Austin, Texas
• Job Type: Contract
• Start Date: 6th June 2023
• Contract Length: 2 months (Renewable for 1 Year from 1st September 2023)
• Schedule: 8 am-5 pm, Mon - Fri
• Rate: Starts at $30-35/hour
• Active LVN Texas license.
• LVN Certificate
• Experience working with students who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have multiple disabilities
• Experience with school-setting services
• Dispense medications
• Available during normal and alternative working hours, including but not limited to afternoon and overnight care
• Administer medication orally, rectally, internally, or by injection as appropriate.
• Monitors clients for treatments and procedures.
• Takes patient's temperature, pulse, and respiration and conducts appropriate
• Assesses patients for illnesses and/or injury, provides appropriate nursing
intervention within the scope of the license.
• Maintain appropriate records pertaining to medication, deaths, illnesses, and the transfer of patients.
• Maintains and reviews client records.
• Transcribes physician orders as requested.
• Communicates health-related information to health center staff as needed and
• May assume responsibility for documentation of school health-related clinic, such as vision or scoliosis.
• Instructs, counsels, and supervises clients in meeting their healthcare needs.
• Arranges for adequate nursing supplies and equipment needed for proper patient care.
• May provide 1:1 home healthcare, including but not limited to toileting, g-tub feeding, tracheostomy suctioning, and bathing as requested.
• Follows treatment plans provided by medical professionals.
This LPN job opening was originally posted on 05/24/2023 and last updated on 05/24/2023. Contact the employer using the Apply Online button or the information on this posting and mention you saw this job posting on LPNJobSite.com.